I found a minestrone soup recipe in the 21 Day Fixate Recipe Book. I made some adjustments to it and came up with this delicious meal! It was super easy and scrum-diddly-umptious!
Try it out!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: Easy
WW PPV: 4PPV (for 1 cup)
- 1/2 medium white onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 3 ribs celery
- 1/2 large russet potato
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of fresh baby spinach
- One 15.5oz can of white cannelli kidney beans
- One 15.5oz can of red kidney beans
- One 15.5oz can of garbanzo beans
- One 26.5oz can of Hunt’s Pasta Sauce (Garlic & Herb)
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of Newman’s Own Light Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 Tbsp of oregano
- 1 Tbsp of basil
- 1 Tbsp of shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chop up potatoes, carrots, celery, garlic and onions and saute in a pan with olive oil. Cook until onions are a tender and translucent.
- Put vegetable stock and pasta sauce in a large pot.
- Add potatoes, carrots, celery and onions.
- Saute spinach in pan with balsamic vinaigrette until cooked and then add spinach to sauce.
- Drain and rinse beans and add to pot.
- Add oregano, basil, salt and pepper to mix and let come to a boil and then place on low for 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to get neighborly.
- Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on top (optional)